Full Qualification – Level 5
This course is aimed at people who wish to plan and implement a learning programme which is based on their knowledge of child development from birth to nine years and which helps children in a specific phase work towards achieving the learning outcomes of the national school curriculum (where appropriate).
How long will it take to complete the course?
What do you need to be able to register?
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- You will have to work at a pre-school for the practical part of this course.
What will you learn?
- Mediate active learning in an integrated and holistic learning programme.
- Facilitate learning and development of children with barriers to learning and other special needs, including those coping with abuse and violence, within an inclusive anti-bias approach.
- Promote the safety and healthy development of each child.
- Work with colleagues, families and community systems to develop each child’s potential as fully as possible.
- Manage a well-planned and organised learning programme to meet the needs of individual children within the framework of the national school curriculum (where appropriate).
- Select and use appropriate methods and procedures for assessing children’s progress and reporting on this to parents.
- Promote the development of high quality ECD programmes and services.
- Communicate effectively for the purposes of academic study and professional practice.
- Plan and implement appropriate learning activities and materials or management practices based on knowledge of the principles, processes and content of the chosen specialisation.
Please Contact Us for any queries about above mentioned training.
Tel: 015 491 8225
Cell: 082 975 6095
Fax: 086 546 5520